Nismo Cursive Titanium Key – RI Gen2
These are the pre-production keys we have made! We made a good handful to test wear on the tooling used vs other grades of titanium.
Each key will have the overall surface finish “as machined”, meaning that the surface is smooth but light machine marks are visible until bead blasted, sanded, polished, etc.
International Customers: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a shipping quote/invoice. On average shipping internationally with tracking is an additional $10-15.
Out of stock
- Manufactured from titanium
- Machined from solid sheets of titanium based on our Solidworks drawings
- Design mimics the original R32 GTR keys with a few minor differences
- Due to the materials used these are very strong
- We have personally tested our keys to fit the R32 Skyline, Z32 300zx, as well as the S13 Silvia.
- Our unconfirmed compatibility list is as follows (this list is growing): 1980-1984 Datsun 810, 1984-1988 200SX, 1989-1991 240sx, 1984-1989 300ZX, 1989-2000 300ZX, 1982-1986 720, 1983-1990 Pulsar NX, 1982-1986 Sentra, 1990-1991 Stanza, 1989-1994 R32 Skyline, 1995-1998 R33 Skyline, 1994-1998 S14 Silvia
- The actual key design (pictured) should be compatible with the ignition cylinder/door locks of other vehicles not listed. Compare the length and grooves in your key to the ones in the picture.
- Each key needs to be cut on a MANUAL key cutting machine. Please seek out an experienced locksmith in your area.
- No kiosks and no automatic machines at hardware stores.
- Instruct the locksmith to cut the key slowly. Cutting this key using the same speed as a typical brass key can either damage their blade or damage your new titanium key
- After your key is cut you will need to debur the edges before using it. The wire wheel on a typical manual key cutting machine is not enough.
- Use either a small jewelers file or rolling up a piece of sandpaper (200-320 grit) to smooth out any and all sharp edges left over from the cutting process.
- If you plan on testing the key in your car immediately, bring your file/sandpaper with you!
- If your key is being matched/cut from an extremely old and worn key, we highly recommend finding a locksmith in your area that can code cut this new key.
- This often involves them generating a code from your existing key, cutting a generic blank using the code in their machine, and then matching your new titanium key on the manual key cutting machine.
- We tested both methods and measured the differences with a digital caliper… the code cut key is a clear winner. Our original prototype did not work on an 89 Skyline but the problem ended up being the worn original key.
|Dimensions||4 × 7 × .1 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.